Roundhouse Adjacent. Founded in 1966 with a handful of tired and retired local trolley cars, the Baltimore Streetcar Museum, Inc. (BSM) has since expanded its collection to more than a dozen cars from several cities, an indoor storage facility, and a beautiful visitors center. In this photo from August 24, 2008, United Railways & Electric (Baltimore) car 1164 (J.G. Brill, 1902) is changing ends just short of the 28 Street Loop next to the former "Ma and Pa" Railroad (Maryland and Pennsylvania) 1910 16-stall roundhouse on Falls Road in Baltimore, Maryland. The City of Baltimore has been using this facility for public works for decades, but has recently decided to divest itself of the building, and BSM is actively planning to lease and restore the facility to preserve the historic building, as well as have more space to restore and display its collection to fulfill its educational mission.
Baltimore Sun article - "Baltimore Streetcar Museum looks to grow as it looks to lease 1910 roundhouse":
https://www.baltimoresun.com/2025/03/22/baltimore-streetcar-museum-looks-to-grow/
Help the museum out with a donation:
https://baltimorestreetcarmuseum.org/donate/
More history of the roundhouse:
https://baltimoreheritage.org/programs/ma-pa-railroad-and-the-falls-road-roundhouse-a-history-of-the-changing-jones-falls-valley/